Monday, December 6, 2010

Carl - Space Time Discontinumm 7"

Buffalo has a great history of bands. From Every Time I Die, Snapcase, Despair, etc all the way to the ever terrible Goo Goo Dolls. One man however tends to remain lovingly, Buffalo's secret. Carl Malford.

Carl is a simple man who you have run into many times if you have ever attended a basement show in Buffalo, however seems to slip into the shadows once you look for him. Armed with an acoustic guitar he has taught us all some of lifes most valuable lessons"don't ever drink wine from a box" and brought smiles to the face of thousands.

Hearing from Carl is a real treat and unfortunately too much time passes in between appearances. I was very pleased to dig up this gem from 2007(I think). I could have swore I had a copy of this but regardless I purchased this past weekend. 7 songs from a much tripper Carl then we are all used too. Still some nuggets of truth in this one but also some spaced out moments. I really don't think anyone outside of the Western New York region will appreciate this like those of us that have sat in dank basements and sang along with his silliness but I still thought it would be fun to share.

Record is hand numbered out of 300 and on black vinyl. White dj sleeve has some hand written goodness on it. Comes with a photocopied sleeve and a fold out thank you/song list sheet. This copy also came with a sticker from the CRAL purposeful typo tour 2007. This was Nancy Jo records number 2 but I am not entirely sure that website is the correct mailing address. If you are interested in finding out drop an email to nancyjorecords at gmail dot com.

No comments:

Post a Comment